0

a whole mess of nothing

It's a Saturday and I have nothing to do. Wait, I do have a lot of work: academic-related; rule of law, Dicey, rule of law, Bentham, rule of law, judicial review, rule of law, Human Rights Act 1998, rule of law -- and I can go on forever about this.

It has been a simplistic surprise for me -- this weekend. First, I was supposed to be in York and Lips refused to have me. :( Then, I missed the dim sum brunch with my girlfriends in town. So, I had cereal and milk, a cup of 3-in-1 Nescafe and two cheese sticks. I placed myself in front of this somewhat distant Toshiba laptop; watching my once-upon-a-time-ago's favourite football team. For a second or more, I managed to re-gather the little sentiments I once had for this team (say, a decade ago)- the sinking heart, the running down the field, the adrenaline rush, the ambition of having my team to win.

Needless to say, they kicked Man U's ass! He texted: We're not raped. It still doesn't change the fact that we're at the top of the table, 4 points clear and with a game in hand. I am guessing you're rolling your eyes now. Talk about pledged loyalty, defensiveness of the fans.

Okay, the match has ended. What's next? "Active me?!" My mind questions - so saturated in seriousness and sincerity; programmed in the hard drive of my mind is carelessness and amusement. But, now, I lay in the lyrics of Stefy's Orange County. Behind those words, I keep falling into my deep sleep with a huge-ass textbook on my chest. After all, it ... actually... is quite agitating. For it is not me, this person being so lazy. Quick clips of crawling, trying to find, trying to be productive.

It is useless to try, I might as well bask. What say you? In these gaps between entertainment, they will come to pass -- I think. Emerging from this rest, this minute hour to be carefree, and be best. Next week, when I shall have plans, but not today. Two more days before I need to have a decision in hand.


This, it's truly a simplistic surprise -- boredom and restlessness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top