2

until the end

"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." - Bill Vaughan


The latter, I was, a year ago.
I only huddled under my duvet and worried myself to sleep. That year was a blur, every breath I took was one of uncertainty; I curled up for warmth to the one thing that wasn't unfamiliar: me.

And now, I am quite sure I will be the former.
The very least, I cannot be any happier or sadder than I was before.
Bare feet, soft grass, sun, laughter, daydreams, footprints on the beach, happy endings -- that's the life as I know it, anyway.

Bring it on -- 2010! (Though, I suspect there would be a point of stagnation in my life very soon. July. Damnit.)

2 comments:

nat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nat said...

but not so in june!!!

Post a Comment

Back to Top