0

Between EU law and The Star newspaper, I choose prozac; or this:

None of you would probably believe this: for the first in my twenty two years of life, I only had my very FIRST microwaved Maggi noodle. Today.

This is funnily strange; considering I had tried all methods possible cooking a 2-minute noodle; from a mere stove -- lighted fire with charcoal in the middle of a jungle -- and boiled water, chucked the noodle into a bowl and covered it with a plate, waited for the noodle to soften. Yes, all said and done when I was in the NS camp.

And here I am, in a disgusting crammed kitchen in Reading, miles away from home, making full use of an ancient microwave oven (one which has stick-on notes to show the time of your choice: 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 50 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 8 minutes, 10 minutes), I broke my family tradition. Blame it on my mom -- a staunch believer of the steamer, the wok, the rice cooker, even the baking owen...anything, but the microwave oven. Seriously?!

***
On a happier note, she has agreed to my basket of 25 books on Amazon, all charged to the credit card: signed, sealed and delivered all the way to Ipoh. Now, I see the relevance and great significance of Mother's Day. :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top