flamed and forgotten

A warning sign,
I missed the good part then I realized,
I started looking and the bubble burst.
I started looking for excuses.

-
Coldplay, "Warning Sign"


Unconcerned with words slipping under tongues, we dream of faulty fables that take a silent turn. We all wonder, don't we? Where is the beauty we cannot see? The rain, a faithful beat of steeping loss that sways our heads. The stars, a heap of broken light deserting the sky to preach in our eyes. The wind that shares freshening warmth under a sunny sky, it grazes every day, yet only the day remembers. Something is incredibly right, yet, so deeply flawed and whimsical in our minds. Forgetting, but stopping to remember a lyrical light.


A warning sign,
You came back to haunt me and I realized,
That you were an island and I passed you by,
You were an island to discover.

Perhaps, all we need are the three little words - smiles that show relief, faithful in each contemplation. Or the two hollow circles - evoked by notes of mercy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's me. This is a good one.

Post a Comment

Back to Top